Student Internship Selection Criteria
- Students must be working toward a master’s degree or higher in counseling, social work, or other related field at an accredited university.
- Students from CACREP approved programs and those DCAC has a working relationship with will be given preference.
- Eligible students should have completed a graduate level practicum type course in which actual counseling experience is provided to clients. Coursework in counseling theories, ethics, multicultural counseling, diagnosis, and group counseling are required prior to beginning an internship at DCAC.
- Students with play therapy training/experience will be given preference.
- Bilingual candidates will be given preference.
- Students must pass criminal and CPS background checks.
- Students must be available to see clients on some evenings and/or weekends.
Student Internship Requirements
- Students must commit to 2 semesters at DCAC.
- Students are required to spend at least 15 hours per week at DCAC during their internship.
- Students are required to participate in one hour per week of individual supervision with their assigned supervisor. Group intern supervision will be conducted on a bi-weekly basis and attendance is highly encouraged.
- Students must be willing and able to see adults and children of all ages in individual, family, and group treatment.
- Students are required to attend a full day training prior to beginning their internship.
How to Apply
To apply for a therapy internship at DCAC, please email your resume to Leslie.